The Jafuta Foundation is a non-profit organisation focused on helping humans and animals alike by creating and maintaining equilibrium between community, wildlife and conservation, education and culture. A catalyst for bringing together the private sector, local authorities, communities and protected area management agencies, the Foundation forms an integral point through which to channel funds or assistance to any agency or cause with 100% guaranteed transparency. There are no hidden costs for administration and expenditures.
The Foundation is registered in Zimbabwe with the Jafuta Foundation Centre, located on the edge of the Zambezi National Park, forming the main administrative base from which most projects are run. The building also acts as a hub from which to interact with the public and to host workshops that benefit local communities and wildlife. Various other locations are dotted in and around Victoria Falls and the surrounding parks and forests, with the majority of the work being carried out in the Hwange West area and the southern section of the Victoria Falls National Park.
The Jafuta Foundation focuses on the following:
- human / wildlife conflict programs and awareness
- creation and rehabilitation of water points for both rural communities and wildlife
- road creation, fire management and maintenance in protected parks
- education, agriculture and conservation training programs
- domestic animal rescue and protection
- history and culture preservation
- fund seeking for a wide range of purposes: game scout units, wildlife tracking, agriculture and conservation training and education
The people working to make it all happen at the Foundation are:
Board: Chief Mvuthu, Malcolm Ainscough, Jabulani Ndubiwa and Alan Sparrow
Trustees: Chief Shana, Godfrey Maphosa, Gail van Jaarsveldt and Blessing Munyenyiwa
Administration: Gail van Jaarsveldt
ZIMBABWE : Elephant's Walk Shopping & Artist Village . Victoria Falls . Zimbabwe . Tel: +263 (0) 71 220 8364
US : 525 Bigham Knoll . Jacksonville . OR 97530 . USA